Sunday 7 August 2011

Camping in the rain!

Jeez! So much for the BBC weather forecast! Supposed to be just a light shower at about 4pm today. There was indeed a shower earlier, at about 6pm - and it wasn't tooo heavy, although I wouldn't have called it light as such (we hung around at the Farmhouse Tea House for a while after we'd finished eating simply to dodge the heaviest bit.... and then just got a bit wet on the walk back to the campsite. But THIS?? No mention in the forecast of torrential rain at 10pm! The new tent is certainly being put to the test - and to be honest I'm a tad nervous. We're in the inner sleeping tent, Bob has settled down for the night, and so has the dog, it would appear - but I'd planned on trudging over to the loo block in a bit - leaving it till as late as possible in hope of not being woken up needing to go in the early hours of the morning. I just hope the rain eases off soon - no way am I venturing out in this downpour!

I woke up before 5am this morning - it was feeling cold that woke me - I'd made the rookie mistake of only wearing a t shirt and a jumper - should've worned my hoodie as well! Tonight I will be wearing all 3 necessary layers.

Rain is easing off a bit now. I'm listening to some Edinburgh Comedy previews, on my laptop, streaming via BBC iplayer website. Earlier we both listened to a Mitchell and Webb episode, but I've put the headphones on now (seriously couldn't hear the speakers at all when the rain was hammering down just then!) Bob is asleep now, which is another good reason for the headphones.

Here's hoping for a water-tight night!

No comments:

Post a Comment